San Luis Obispo (805) 545-9400

When should I have a periodontal exam?

An examination usually occurs every time you visit your dentist or hygienist. If you are not sure if the exam has occurred, please ask. If you have not seen a dental professional for some time, any of the above symptoms should lead you to seek an evaluation. The initial exam is usually completed by a general dentist to determine the severity of the disease. If significant loss of tooth support has occurred, you will be referred to a periodontal specialist. A full series of x-rays will be needed for any professional to help evaluate your status..

Contact Us